Friday, February 13, 2009

A Quick View of Sydney

Apologies to both readers - I've been in Sydney and have not long got back. Didja miss me?

A few very noticeable things popped up:

1. Some of my friends have been forced to look for new jobs in financial services, and have gone from 200k+ jobs to hunting around the 90k range.

2. Forex traders I know have a precarious grip on their jobs - some laid off, and the rest have had their limits cut. This means that many currencies are trading within sideways bands at present, in my opinion.

3. I don't know where they come from, but there were a hell of a lot of bored girls shopping at Bondi Junction Westfield by comparison to the economic climate. Maybe some just have the money to waft on through. Recession in Aus is coming, and then some due to commodity prices.

Next post on my favourite two indicies that are rare in that they don't lie.........

No comments:

Post a Comment